Pete Siemsen, 2008-04-23This page was created to provide a single place to gather information for UCAR sysadmins about the UCAR network. It was created by NETS in response to a request by CSAC. The following are general concepts that should be familiar to UCAR sysadmins.
- UCAR/NCAR network architecture
- See the NCAR Topology Diagram.
- Classifications of hosts and networks: internal (protected, semi-exposed, and fully-exposed), and external (external and guest).
- See the CSAC Network security definitions.
- IP ranges that make up each subdivision of an internal subnet
- See NETS Subnets and VLANs page.
- Services that are allowed on each type of network.
- There are no restrictions on the services that may be run on internal hosts. For external hosts, see the CSAC Exposed Host Network Services Policy.
- Policies and procedures that are required for hosts on each type of network.
- See the CSAC Policy pages.
Address comments or questions about this Web page to the
The National Center for Atmospheric Research is sponsored by the