The cardholder is responsible for the
review and approval of their monthly bill. The cardholder shall reimburse
UCAR for all personal calls.
The cardholder shall safeguard the calling
card and account number at all times. A violation of this trust may
result in cancellation of the card.
As part of CenturyLink's fraud prevention software for calling cards:
- If 2 calls are placed at the same time, using the same calling card
number (loaned number or fraudulent use), their system will drop the
calls, and permanently disable the calling card account.
- If 1 call is placed in Washington DC, and then a second call is
placed 1/2 hour later from Colorado, CenturyLink's systems are configured
to know that you cannot get from one place to the other in that short
of time. The calling card account is permanently disabled.
A new card and account would need to be requested for the employee.
Please send email to email@example.com
or call (303) 497-1000.
- The Group Administrator for the cardholder
shall have signature authority for the default account keys being
charged against. The Group Administrator has the authority to request
a NETS representative to cancel the card for any of his/her cardholders
at any time.
- The Group Administrator is responsible
for monitoring the actions of all cardholders assigned to them.
The Group Administrator will approve
a card for new cardholders by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the following information: employee name, employee ID, employee
location, and default account key. A NETS representative will set
up the new calling card account, issue a card and provide information
to the new cardholder. The NETS representative will maintain a current
listing of all cardholders and Group Administrators within UCAR.
Card and Account Changes
Requests for replacement of lost or stolen
cards, changes to the cardholders default account key, or division affiliation,
shall be provided to the NETS representative via e-mail, to email@example.com
Cancellation of Calling Card Accounts
Upon separation, retirement, etc., a cardholder
must surrender the card to the Group Administrator. The Group Administrator
will request that the NETS representative cancel the account. This is
part of the corporate recovery process. The Group Administrator will
send the card back to the NETS Representative. Withholding of an employee's
final paycheck may be necessary until all UCAR property is returned,
which includes the calling card. The NETS representative will cancel
the account with CenturyLink.
Disputes may fall into one of the categories
below. In most cases, cardholders will be able to resolve problems by
contacting the NETS representative. The NETS representative will work
for resolution with the vendor.
The following will help determine the correct
approach for resolving problems:
- CALLS NOT PLACED BY CARDHOLDER: Contact
the NETS representative for assistance.
- INCOMPLETE OR POOR QUALITY CALLS: Contact
the NETS representative for assistance.
- CREDIT NOT RECEIVED: If upon receipt
of the next month's statement the account has still not been credited
for the questioned amount, contact the NETS representative.
- Each month monitor all unresolved issues
and those disputes resolved during the last billing cycle. The cardholder
must review their accounts and ensure all disputes are either resolved
or dismissed. If assistance is needed, contact the NETS representative
to resolve any outstanding discrepancies.
OR STOLEN CARDS
- Immediately notify the NETS Representative at (303) 497-1000 and your Group Administrator in the event a telephone card has been lost or stolen or if the cardholder suspects the account number has been compromised in a fraudulent manner. CenturyLink may be notified 24-hours a day by calling Customer Service at 1 (866) 472-6389, or for problems when abroad, call collect (703) 363-3511. These numbers are printed on the back of the telephone card. UCAR or the cardholder is not liable for unauthorized use of the card (use of a card by a person other than the cardholder, who has no actual, implied, or apparent authority for such use).
- The cardholder shall provide documentation to the NETS representative as soon as possible. The cardholder will provide the NETS representative with the following information and copy their Group Administrator:
- Name on the calling card
- Date and location card believed to be lost or date card was stolen
- Date and time CenturyLink was notified
- Any authorized calls that had been made that day
- Any other information that may be pertinent
- A contact number for the cardholder
- The NETS representative will order a replacement card for the cardholder. If the cardholder is on a business trip, the NETS representative will contact the cardholder using the contact information provided with the replacement information, and the new card will be given to their Group Administrator for delivery upon the cardholder's return.
- If the cardholder finds the original calling card, it shall be destroyed and disposed of.
The NETS representative is responsible
for providing assistance to cardholders and Group Administrators on
account reconciliation. They arealso responsible for correcting default
account information, card holder information, and resolving account
issues based upon input received from the cardholder statements within
the specified time noted on account statements.
Verifying the monthly cardholder statement
- Verify telephone numbers, pricing and
locations for all calls on the statement
- Disputed items must be noted and sent
to the NETS representative
- For Personal calls,
make a copy of your statement and attach a personal check made payable
to UCAR, with your default account noted on the memo line. Forward
- If there is a change to your default account, please notify the NETS representative
Group Administrator Responsibilities
- Notify the NETS Representative of changes
in default account keys.
- Act as a liaison between the cardholder
and the NETS representatives.